As per the Australian Civil Aviation Safety Authority(CASA), the commercial operation of a Unmanned Aerial Vehicle(UAV)(drone/remotely piloted aircraft) requires:-
- UAV Controller’s Certificate
- UAV Operator’s Certificate(commercial)
The UAV Controllers Certificate(CC) training is outsourced. It entails a five day CASA approved course with 2 days practical. (Theory can be delivered online)
Cost: Details on request.
The UAV Operators Certificate(UOC) application assistance course is over 2 days. It is delivered in house.(Only CASA can issue the UOC).
Assistance with the application process, including filling in the various forms, creating the various documents etc is provided. Follow up support is also included.
Note: For a commercial operation, only the chief pilot requires a UOC. Other UAV pilots can operate under the organisation’s UOC.
Cost: $750.00 including GST
Details on request.
Mob 0419 831 109 Int’l 61 419 831 109
As a general rule the commercial operation of UAV’s needs to be undertaken under the following CASA rules:-
- Not operate in controlled airspace(some exceptions)
- Not operate within 3 nautical miles(nm)(5.5km) of an airfield
- Operate within Visual Line of Sight(VLOS)
- Daylight Meteorological Conditions(DMC)
- Fly no closer than 30m from people not associated with operation of UAV
- Not fly over populous areas such as private backyards, schools, heavily populated parks, beaches etc
- Fly below 400ft(120m) above ground level(AGL)